miércoles, 10 de septiembre de 2008

Un Diente de Leon para el Doctor

Dear John,

This song is, simply, candy to my ears ... reminiscense of you, Doc :)

VERY corny, indeed, but then ... so am I.

Like this, I wanted to thank you for the seconds, minutes, hours, nights, talks, drinks, laughs, company' xmas party, books & literary caucuses, tears, hugs, walks, ice creams, warmth, letters, phone calls, and happy times together.
La letra es tan candida, que me veo en la obligacion de vejar un poco su magia traduciendola para los no angloparlantes antiimperialistas, como mi presi :D

PD: Ya que estamos, apoyen musica independiente http://www.cdbaby.com/

DANDELION (Diente de Leon) - Antje Duvekot

When Harry met Sally it was settled
Cuando Sally conocio a Harry, estaba todo dicho
That Mary Jane would fall for Spiderman
Que Mary Jane se enamoraria del Hombre Araña
The story was set in stone like Tarzan and Jane,
La historia estaba escrita sobre piedra como la de Tarzan y Jane,
Yoko and John
Yoko y John
You were like my Hollywood movie
Fuiste como mi pelicula de Hollywood
The butterflies and Central Park kiss
De mariposas, y beso en Central Park
Of course you would pursue me,
Por supuesto que me perseguias
I was Julia Roberts, I mean,
Yo era Julia Roberts, digo
How could you resist?
Como resistirte a mi?
Well, I am the Fourth of July
Bien, Hoy que es 4 de Julio
I'm throwing you a fire in the sky
Y lanzo al cielo un fuego articial por ti
You could go blind in my light
Podrias enceguecerte con mi luz
But you were looking for an orchid
Buscabas una orquidea
And I will always be, a dandelion
Pero yo siempre sere, un diente de leon.
So I put on the best of my Wardrobes
Escogi lo mejorcito del guardarropas
I could have been your Marilyn Monroe
Pude haber sido tu Marilyn Monroe
But you had only eyes for the Mona Lisa
Pero solo tenias ojos para tu Monalisa
You shared my cab ride all the way home
Y compartiste conmigo el taxi a casa
[...]
I am a middle class home,
Soy de un hogar clase media,
I am a worn out banjo
Soy un banjo desgastado
I'll never dance in a Swan Lake,
Nunca bailare en un lago de cisnes
I'll never play the cello
nunca tocare el cello
I am the Northern Lights,
Soy la aurora borealis
I am invisible
Soy invisible
I am a dandelion,
soy un diente de leon
I am forever wild
Soy, para siempre, silvestre
I am the Fourth of July
Hoy que es 4 de Julio
I'm throwing you a fire in the sky
Y lanzo al cielo un fuego articial por ti
But you were looking for an orchid
Buscabas una orquidea
And I will always be
y yo siempre sere ...
You were looking for a tea light
Procurabas una luz tenue para el te
And I will always be
Y yo siempre sere ...
A forest fire
Un incendio forestal
A dandelion...
Un diente de leon ...

No hay comentarios: